This is the cover of my latest story ‘By The Light of Dolphins’ which is in its final edit.
I’m quite pleased with this one as it allowed me to play with the layers facility within Photoshop. In total, the image consisted of six different layers (background, girl, boy, dolphins and two text boxes which formed the titles). The images were marked for public-domain use on Shutterstock and Fotalia where I get most of my images for photo-compilation projects from.
Apart from the layers, I also used the eraser tool for merging the different elements of the layers (for example, the dolphin swimming behind Natalie’s hair). I also used the clone brush sparingly to clean up some of the clutter where required.
The book itself is in its final edit and is scheduled for release by the end of May 2013.